Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

"Twas the night before...lift-off?"

I did it!!! I'm so proud of myself...with the exception of a few copies of important documents I have victoriously conquered packing. Good thing, seeing as how I need to be ready to leave at 3:30AM tomorrow (yuck...so early!). I have managed to squeeze the next five months in one suitcase under 50 lbs and one backpack (that has to be less than 15 lbs on the plane!) Can you believe that weight exceeding these limits is $5/kg? So expensive! I also had to forego my cute crimson red suitcase for a big oversized duffle bag on wheels...if only my suitcase wasn't already 12 lbs with nothing in it :(  Anyways, I'm trying to move away from the American mindset, do I really need everything I just shoved in my suitcase? There are people who can't even fill a suitcase with the belongings and here I am, grateful that I can take what I think I need without going over the maximum limit! Regardless, at least I won't be the girl who brings along several different suitcases and has trouble trying to carry all of them.


So my flight out of DC tomorrow at 6am will take me to LA for a few days to experience the west coast and visit the Konrath relatives who I haven't seen in awhile. First time traveling west of the Mississippi River! A few days in California and then off to Fiji!!

No comments:

Post a Comment